The launch of Asian Paper / Tissue World Bangkok 2018 has successfully showcased the latest technologies and innovations from over 100 exhibiting companies.
Held between 6 – 8 June at BITEC, Bangkok, the trade show was attended by visitors and delegates from an impressive 92 countries, with visitors from Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Vietnam and China.
Exhibitor profiles of industry suppliers ranged from paper converting machineries, tissue packaging machineries, stock preparation, bleaching chemical solutions to sanitary product OEM (original equipment manufacturer) manufacturing and many more.
The event signalled the first joined forces of two long-standing brands, each bringing with them over 20 years of success history and a diverse and robust pool of exhibitors and visitors.
It offered exclusive and invaluable business opportunities to all regional and international industry players operating in the sector of the pulp, paper, tissue, packaging and related industries.
A three-day conference took place concurrently and featured 23 presentations under the theme of “Shaping Success: Strategies for Sustainable Growth in Paper, Packaging and Tissue”.
Wichan Jitpukdee, president of The Thai Pulp & Paper Industries Association (TPPIA), delivered the opening address.
His presentation entitled “Growth and Innovation: The Pattern for Thailand’s Future” highlighted the growth and the future of the Thailand’s paper industry.
Attended by over 90 attendees, the conference took place on the show floor, with the first day dedicated to the Senior Management Symposium and the two subsequent days to the New Applied Technology Sessions.
Among the attendees were SCG Packaging, Siam Kraft Industry, Thai Paper Company, Metso, Double A, Voith, RiverPRO Pulp & Paper and many more.
The event was supported by the following industry associations:
• The Thai Pulp and Paper Industries Association (TPPIA)
• Australian and New Zealand Pulp and Paper Industry Technical Association (APPITA)
• The Association of Indonesia Pulp and Paper Industries (APKI)
• Chinese Taipei Paper Industry Association (CTPIA)
• Indian Agro & Recycled Paper Mills Association (IARPMA)
• Japan Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (JTAPPI)
• Myanmar Pulp and Paper Industry Association (MPPIA)
• Malaysia Pulp and Paper Manufacturers Association (MPPMA)
• Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry of Southern Africa (TAPPSA)
• Vietnam Pulp and Paper Association (VPPA).