Solenis' Wilmington, Delaware-based headquarters; the company has been sold to Platinum Equity

Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) has sold its speciality chemicals business Solenis to USA-based private equity company Platinum Equity.  

The transaction is expected to close for a value of $5.25bn by the end of 2021. 

CD&R and Solenis management currently collectively own 51% of the business, and chemical company BASF holds the remaining 49%. 

Both CD&R and BASF will fully exit Solenis as part of the transaction. 

Solenis’ global footprint covers 120 countries and five continents, with 41 manufacturing facilities.