Japanese tissue producer Marutomi has boosted its production speed after it invested in a Toscotec Steel Yankee Dryer to replace its existing 12ft Cast Iron Yankee.
The TT SYD-12FT (PM 1) features a crescent former configuration with a sheet width at pope reel of 3,140mm and will be installed at the company’s Fujine mill in Fuji, Shizuoka Prefecture. It will be installed by the end of 2013.
Founded in 1955 with one 1.2m wide tissue machine and nine employees, Marutomi now has 13 TMs.
It manufactures bath tissue from recycled paper and has grown into one of Japan’s largest producers of toilet rolls with a market share that it estimates to be around 14%.
It uses 100% recycled fibre; 95% of its production is toilet tissue and the remaining 5% is facial tissue.