Asia Pulp and Paper Group (APP) has boosted its capacity in China after investing in 18 Intelli-Tissue EcoEc 1600 Premium machines.
Supplied by PMP, the 18 complete tissue machines will be installed at the company’s new mill in Rudong Jiangsu.
All the machines will be designed and manufactured with the same concept to produce tissue from 11.5gsm up to 22.0gsm at the reel.
The machines are designed for a maximum speed of 1,600m/min.
The scope of supply of each machine includes –
• Intelli-Jet V – 5-channel, single layer, hydraulic headbox;
• Intelli-Former – Crescent Former type, a compact design with the optimum catch of the jet beam from the headbox and efficient dewatering;
• Intelli-Press – Single press design with a cantilevered framework;
• Intelli-YD – Steel Yankee Dryer with a diameter of 18 ft (5.48m);
• Intelli – Cap – Exhaust Cap over the Yankee Dryer;
• Intelli-Reel – Reel which the supplied said provides efficient, high speed, continuous paper winding and perfect parent roll structure.
The supplier said the machines will “strengthen APP’s position in the Chinese tissue market, adding capacity of premium products with low green footprint thanks to ultra-low media consumption provided by PMP’s Intelli-Tissue EcoEc line”.