You will be sent you login details for the webinar by email.
- Paper Prime’s production upgrade aims to “significantly reduce carbon emissions”Portugal’s Paper Prime has invested in a Toscotec-supplied production upgrade to substantially increase the energy savings on PM1 at its Vila Velha de Rodão mill. Toscotec will rebuild the press section of the AHEAD 2.0 tissue line it supplied on a turnkey basis to the company in 2017. Planned for mid-2024, the project aims to … Read more
- AFRY partners with Metsä Tissue to build a Future Mill in MariestadMetsä Tissue has partnered with AFRY to further expand its tissue production capacity and develop the operational performance of its paper mill in Mariestad, Sweden. The site is currently ramping up a Valmet-supplied tissue machine that is expected to start-up in 2025, and the expansion of the mill will also include the construction of converting … Read more
- Shawano Specialty Papers boosts capacity with TM investmentShawano Specialty Papers, a division of Little Rapids Corporation, has started up a Toscotec-supplied TT SYD Steel Yankee Dryer at its plant in Shawano, Wisconsin. It replaced an existing cast iron dryer on PM3, and according to the supplier is “delivering substantial energy savings, which reduce the overall operating costs of the tissue machine.” Michael … Read more
- K-C opens wind farm in UK; 55,625 MTCO2e total annual emissions reduction expectedKimberly-Clark (K-C) has officially opened its £75m South Lanarkshire, Scotland-based onshore wind farm that will supply around 80% of its UK electrical power needs. The farm is the largest wind asset owned by Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust (ORIT). K-C has a Power Purchase Agreement for the energy generated. As K-C’s first wind farm project outside … Read more
- Sofidel invests $185m to expand Circleville Ohio plantItalian tissue giant Sofidel is to further strengthen its presence in the American market after announcing plans to invest $185m at its integrated plant in Circleville, Ohio. The project involves the construction of a new building to house the site’s third Valmet DCT 200 TM, which is due to come into operation in the third … Read more
- Velvet Care to halve carbon footprint with CHP investmentPolish consumer tissue producer Velvet Care has said it will halve the carbon footprint of its Klucze-based tissue factory after announcing plans for a PLN63m gas-fired combined heat and power plant (CHP). The investment will save 69,000 tonnes of annual CO2 emissions, compared with 151,000 tonnes in Scope 1 + 2 emissions in 2022. That … Read more